[hpsdr] A/J/O has arrived

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 05:32:43 PDT 2007

Well, nearly! I have received a letter from Parcelforce, informing me
that they will deliver my parcel as soon as I have paid the VAT of
£31.76 and their 'Clearance Fee' of £8.00

There appears to be no Import Duty, no Excise Duty - just VAT (value
added tax). I can't understand what value has been added by the carriage
of these items from outside the EU but then I have always thought that
VAT was wrongly named in the first place. VAT replaced the more honestly
name Purchase Tax. Ah! The spin of our unloved leaders.

Anyway looking forward to getting my hot, sweaty hands on the goods
tomorrow.

Cheers & 73, Chris, G4NUX