[hpsdr] Schematic capture software

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 18:12:36 PDT 2007

--- Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix at inet.net.nz> wrote:

> I would like to make my own audio board to use with Atlas and Ozy, so
> I  am looking for a freeware ECAD package.

I'm starting a new project too and didn't like the EDA software I was
using
so I looked around and found "Kicad" and I'm in the process of learning
how
to use it.  It woks well on my Linux system and my next step will be to
try in under Mac OS X.

There are many free schematic capture and PCb layout packages offered
by the companies that make quick turnaround prototype PCBs.  But watch
out many of them don't make industry standard files and most are closed
source Windows only

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org