[hpsdr] O/J Power SDR CPU usage

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Mon Jun 25 16:11:29 PDT 2007

Hmmm ... not sure I follow.   I'm pretty sure the code does not spend
a lot of cycles multiplexing/demultiplexing the control data stream
from the audio data stream -- profiling would  tell for sure.

My guess on the cause of the increased CPU usage is the small fame
size we're using on the USB bus  -- currently 512 bytes.   We might
get a perf boost by going to a larger frame size - the current frame
size goes back to the Xylo days when we had issues writing/reading
anything much bigger than that reliably.  We've learned a lot since
then and could prob get a bit of a perf boost with larger frame size.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)