[hpsdr] Req: Knowledge base on Wiki

Don Jackson AE5K ae5k at hpsdr.org
Thu Jun 28 06:12:29 PDT 2007

Andreas Troschka wrote:
> Lets ask AE5K (the "HPSDR Wiki Sysop")  to open for edit a page on the
> Wiki where everybody can put their experiences. From there one of the
> registered users of the page can pic what can be found of value and
> populate  a specific new page containing a knowledge base of various
> topics that can't found accomodation somewhere else in the HPSDR site.

> john_eckert at agilent.com wrote:
>> I think we need a knowledge base to hold all this stuff.

Oh how I wish it were that easy!  The "Mediawiki" software we are using
for the HPSDR Wiki does a good job on most things, but it is lacking
badly in the "permissions" area.  Unless there is something I have
overlooked, I have not found a way to "open up" a single wiki page for
non-registered users and to keep the remaining ones secure.  If someone
has expertise in this area and knows how to do it, please email me
privately.

Meanwhile, if someone (or several) would like to volunteer to edit such
a "knowledge base" wiki page, I'd be happy to establish a page and give
registration to them for access.

Don, AE5K