[hpsdr] inband signaling on USB

Eric Blossom eb at comsec.com
Thu Mar 1 14:01:59 PST 2007

We've been having a discussion over on discuss-gnuradio about inband
signaling on the USB (that is, passing control and status information,
in addition to the data, between the host and the FPGA via bulk IN and
OUT tranfers.)  We're currently working out a USB packet format for
this.  We also hope to leverage most of what comes out of this for a
gigabit ethernet interface that's also under development.

If you're interested in this kind of thing, could you please take a
look at our work-in-progress spec?

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/usrp/doc/inband-signaling-usb?format=raw

Comments on any of this are welcome either here or on
discuss-gnuradio.  To post to discuss-gnuradio you must be
subscribed.

A lot of the effort has gone in to ensuring that we can implement
things like TDMA and other waveforms that require tight timing
synchronization between the Tx and Rx paths, and built on top of that,
between networks of radios.

Again, we'd love to have your comments.

73, de Eric K7GNU