[hpsdr] backup boards

brainerd at wildblue.net brainerd at wildblue.net
Fri Mar 2 15:47:08 PST 2007

  As one who bought the bare board for Ozy and partial kit for Janus (or is it the other way
around) the BOM will be a really great help.  I have found Mouser usually is a little cheaper
and has lower minimums than DigiKey.  DigiKey has a larger selection, however.  Delivery
from DigiKey is usually 1 day faster only because Northern Idaho is closer to Minn. than
Texas.  After I get the design of my AD995x board done, I could help some on the BOM.
  My reason for not getting assembled boards was finances and timing.  With other things
going on, this was just not a good time to spend $300 on the assembled boards.  Even
though it probably won't be cheaper in the long run, I don't have to buy all of the parts for both
boards at once.
  Also, what is happening with Casmir?  I volunteered to help with board layout several
months ago, but have not seen any activity on CASMIR design.

Dave - WB6DHW
<HTTP://users.wildblue.net/wb6dhw>