[hpsdr] backup boards

KG4VPY paula at kg4vpy.com
Fri Mar 2 17:20:34 PST 2007

brainerd at wildblue.net wrote:

>   As one who bought the bare board for Ozy and partial kit for Janus (or is it the other way
> around) the BOM will be a really great help.  I have found Mouser usually is a little cheaper
> and has lower minimums than DigiKey.  DigiKey has a larger selection, however.  Delivery
> from DigiKey is usually 1 day faster only because Northern Idaho is closer to Minn. than
> Texas.  After I get the design of my AD995x board done, I could help some on the BOM.
>   My reason for not getting assembled boards was finances and timing.  With other things
> going on, this was just not a good time to spend $300 on the assembled boards.  Even
> though it probably won't be cheaper in the long run, I don't have to buy all of the parts for both
> boards at once.

This is why I bought the bare board and partial kit as well. Funding and
the desire to do it myself. Isn't that why Open Source is all about? (grin)

And howdy to everyone. I just got on board and hope to have a great
ride. I know very little about designing and the like. What I do know is
electronic building and functionality; html and css; and writing
(manuals? directions?). While a lot of this is over my head, I am
learning and I hope to be more valuable later.

PaulaO - KG4VPY