[hpsdr] backup boards

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:48:56 PST 2007

At 12:20 PM 3/3/2007, KG4VPY wrote:

>This is why I bought the bare board and partial kit as well. Funding and
>the desire to do it myself. Isn't that why Open Source is all about? (grin)

True, although I work at a higher level, taking open source pieces
and using them together in new and interesting ways. :)

>And howdy to everyone. I just got on board and hope to have a great
>ride. I know very little about designing and the like. What I do know is
>electronic building and functionality; html and css; and writing
>(manuals? directions?). While a lot of this is over my head, I am
>learning and I hope to be more valuable later.

I'm new to SDR as well.  I'm interested in the possibilities and
potential of the system.  I have built some SMD projects in the past
with good success, but I don't have the time to work at that
level.  I am more interested in higher level concepts (What can I
make this thing do?) and tinkering with different ideas that might be
a little off the wall. :) Looking forward to the fun. :)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com