[hpsdr] Attention Charter.net addresses

Don AE5K don at ae5k.us
Tue Mar 6 16:10:31 PST 2007

For the few of our discussion list members with "charter.net" in their
email address:

Seems there is a problem with charter.net -- I'm not sure what the
return messages mean that our HPSDR discussion list server is getting
back, but about 7 of our list members have had their list messages
suspended due to excessive number of bounces the past few days.  Each of
the suspended/bounced members have identical error messages as follows:

> Reporting-MTA: dns; diego.dreamhost.com
> Arrival-Date: Mon,  5 Mar 2007 20:40:45 -0800 (PST)
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxxxx at charter.net
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.charter.net[209.225.8.224] said: 501
> 	Syntax error in parameters or arguments (in reply to end of DATA
> 	command)

where "xxxxxx" in the above is the actual email address of our list members.

If you are one who has been bounced, please check with charter.net to
see what is happening.  Almost 600 other recipients are not having
problems receiving the same messages.  You may quote the above snippet.
Please email me directly if you find anything out.

Don AE5K
HPSDR Discussion List Administrator