[hpsdr] preselectors on a bigger scale

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 16 05:29:04 PDT 2007

All,
  The cubic preselector module is pretty nice and it is small. I have 2 R3030s.
  The next size up would be the Racal DF preselector in a 3 inch rack. 13 filters (1/3 oct) to cover .5 to 30 MHz. 4 bit control again with three bits to select one of 3 20 dB pads. all the inductors are larger and it has a bipolar amplifier. They come in two models single board or dual board (channels) The TCI DF system used used 5 channels and 5 receivers. I can scan it and mail it to anyone interested.  These show up on ebay once in a while and make a good front end. This one uses relays to switch all channels.  fc