[hpsdr] HPSDR Enclosure - Pandora

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:10:13 PDT 2007

Hi Horst, All,

I finally got to having a detailed look at your HPSDR enclosure drawings.
(There is so (too-?) much interesting stuff to read in all these
postings.........!)

First of all my compliments on your drawings, it looks like it is going to
be a very nice enclosure!
I like this "module" style also!
In the past I used the same "aluminium profile technique" for a number of my
enclosures.
Works out nicely if you have and want to spend the time to do the sawing,
drilling, filing etc. involved, but it can be very rewarding.

I did some searching on the internet for suppliers in Europe/NL for an
appropriate enclosure for my HPSDR project.
Unfortunately I could not (yet) find one that I both liked and was also
reasonably priced.
Also my search for the availability of the TenTec enclosures in Europe
(which I do like!) didn't succeed so far; I ended up E-mailing TenTec USA
asking them if they could tell me if and where they would be available in
Europe.

It would be nice to hear some construction details of your enclosure:
(In case I too decide to make the enclosure myself after all..... ;-) )

- How do you make the joints between the profiles?
- What do you use for the side- and top panels?
- I think you intend to use some pop or crimping type of threaded mounting
bushings (Do not know their official name) for the fixing of the cards in
the cage?
- Are the card dimensions in your drawing the real and exact dimensions for
the "HPSDR modified version" of the PC-Card spec?

73´s

Henry.