[hpsdr] ALEX - Call for comments

Glenn Thomas glennt at charter.net
Mon Mar 5 19:22:19 PST 2007

Hi all.

Only one question, it's not explicitly clear from your post if the
filters (presumably bandpass?) are wide enough to overlap. In
addition to Ham radio, I do some SWL'ing and would rather not see
this activity precluded due to lack of appropriate filters. Two "aux"
filters are likely not enough. If receive filters are needed for
Amateur bands, it's reasonable to think they'll be needed for any
other frequency as well. This issue may also affect system
performance with transverters...

73 de Glenn WB6W

At 06:30 PM 3/5/2007, Graham Haddock wrote:
>All:
>
>Hello, I am Graham, KE9H, the project leader and PCB layout
>person for ALEX which is the RF preselector filter pack for use
>with Mercury or other receivers.    Phil, VK6APH, is the designer.
>
>ALEX is a multi-band receiver preselector intended to
>reduce the level of out-of-band signals at the input of a
>receiver, but it can also be used as a low level transmitter
>filter.

<snip>

>I propose that these ten filter sections would be:
>160 Meters
>  80 Meters
>  40 Meters
>  30 Meters
>  20 Meters
>  17/15 Meters
>  12/10 Meters
>   6 Meters
>User Defined #1
>User Defined #2
>
>There is also a bypass feature, providing no
>filter or frequency selectivity.

<snip>