[hpsdr] ALEX - Call for comments

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:21:33 PST 2007

Hi All, Brian,

> > 3.) Any preference for SMA verus BNC connectors?  I propose
> > to use BNC for "external" connections such as antenna(s), and
> > SMA for "internal" or card to card connections.
> >

> I'd hoped that all the coax connectors on the HPSDR boards would be
> the same.  SMA seems to make sense throughout for anything attached to
> the Atlas bus.

I would also favor smaller connectors/thinner coax to the boards on Atlas
too.
Less strain on the cards and -sockets.

> > 4.) Should we allow for multiple antenna inputs? - we could
> > select each one on a Tx/Rx and band basis using a GUI on the PC.
> >

> Would this board be a logical place for some decoding logic to control
> and external coax antenna selector? I'm thinking SP6T or so like can
> be done with the UCB.
>
> This seems like the board that will get the most user modification.

I also would favor some separate antenna connection bracket:
- change from thinner (internal) to thicker (outside) coax and -connectors
- Antenna change over(RXTX) relay? Multiple antenna's? Splitter(s) (dual
receiver)?
- Protection
- Earthing

73's