[hpsdr] ALEX - Call for Comments - II - Clarification

pvharman at arach.net.au pvharman at arach.net.au
Tue Mar 6 19:00:26 PST 2007

Hi Murry,

The filters in Alex will not be any use with high level inband signals.  There
appears to be some theory regarding the performance of ADCs in the presence of
multiple strong signals but very little practical evidence that there is an
issue. My own testing of the prototype seems to indicate that the theory is not
supported and the strong signal performance is excellent. Once we have a few
prototype Mercury boards built we can submit them to kW alley and see how they
perform.

73's Phil...VK6APH