[hpsdr] ALEX - Call for comments - Protection devices.

Dominik Bugmann hb9czf at hispeed.ch
Tue Mar 6 22:57:37 PST 2007

What about the Elecraft K2 solution: R67 (1k5) and R68 (226R) against
ground.
Or in the KPA100: RF Choke of 100uH against ground.

In HB9 we run the "National Mountain Day" contest every July.
It's a /p 80m CW event over 4h and max. 6 kg for the whole station (without
OP).
In 2002 a big thunderstorm with lightning crossed HB9 and damaged several
rigs.
Surprisingly more transistors in the PA were damaged compared to the RX
frontend.
The simplest solution found were: 50-100k against ground or 1-2.2 uH against
ground (It's 80m only).

73 de Dominik, HB9CZF

PS: in case you read German I can scan 10 pages with many more details.