[hpsdr] Ozy with Gb Ethernet

ZPO geekdownrange at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:53:20 PDT 2007

All,

How about using SFP ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFP_transceiver )
or GBIC ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBIC ) for the physical
interface?  That would give the user the option of selecting the media
- SM-Fiber, MM-Fiber, or Copper as their requirements and preferences
dictate.

The transceivers aren't tiny relative to the rest of the board, but
they do open up a lot of options.  The units themselves don't appear
to be too expensive and it may help the trade-off analysis.

73 N5VFF/YI9VFF - Brian