[hpsdr] preselector control

Graham Haddock grahamh at verizon.net
Wed Mar 14 11:21:07 PDT 2007

Hi Henry:

Well, we are not far enough along to split the project yet.

Initial work will be focused on verifying that the topology we are
considering can be made to work over the frequency range, and whether we
can use solid state switches and still make the filter performance,
or whether we need to go to relays.

Packaging and control decisions will come later, after we know how big it
will be, and how sensitive the inductors are to picking up local fields.

By going from a ten section fixed tuned preselector to a continuously
tuned preselector, we have gone from something where a simple
SPI bus was fine, and a small CPLD was overkill, to needing
a small CPU or a large CPLD and a fairly large lookup table,
or some clever algorithms to train and manage it.

--- Graham

==

Henry Vredegoor wrote