[hpsdr] Cooling Requirements?

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:34:25 PDT 2007

At 06:40 AM 3/16/2007, kd5byb at bellsouth.net wrote:

>When I get back in town (on road right now, wife in hospital about
>two hours from home) I'll do a quick analysis with a 120 watt heat
>load and assuming about 20 CFM airflow in a 70 degree room.

I'd like to see the analysis repeated at 95F, because that is quite
representative of the sustained afternoon temperatures regularly
observed in both shacks I have (that time of year, night time
temperatures usually hover around 80F inside).  I tend to like erring
on the side of too much cooling.  That keeps my repeater running in
the above conditions.  Those hams here who have totally separate
shacks may see even higher temperatures as well as much more
temperature cycling, as the normal diurnal range here is quite large in summer.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com