[hpsdr] Preselectior switching

Don AE5K don at ae5k.us
Sat Mar 17 08:40:29 PDT 2007

Giancarlo Moda wrote, On 03/17/2007 05:23 AM:

> the system will not accept the attachements.

1. The "system" WILL accept attachments.  For protection of all, a limit
on size has been set.  If you try to send something which exceeds that
limit (as you did), it will be held for my approval.  An autoresponse
message is also send back to you (the sender) notifying you of this
fact.  In this case, YOU then went ahead and decided to cancel the
sending (an option the autoresponse message gives) before I had a chance
to review the attachment and either approve or reject it.  (I cannot be
awake and poised at my computer monitoring for such events on a 24 hour
basis - but usually respond to requests within 4 hours with few exceptions.)

2. Eric, AA4SW, has already given you information on the option to place
some items on the www.hamsdr.com website -- this works fine, allows
anyone who is interested to view them, and eliminates about 600 who may
not care about them from receiving them in their email.  (We've had more
unsubscribes than subscribes the past few days.)  This also makes it
easier for someone who is receiving our list in "digest" mode to access
the file -- otherwise they don't get attachments.

3. If considering sending attachments in the future, look at their size!
Keep in mind that often you can reduce the size by changing file formats
(from jpg to gif for instance) or using a format with better
compression.  Also, consider splitting them up with separate emails if
there are more than one.  If of interest to only a couple on the list,
send to them directly.

The above information is for everyone -- I'm not picking on this sender!

Thanks to those on the list who are doing a good job trimming quotes
from previous messages to the minimum needed to continue context -- it
adds to readability.

Don AE5K
HPSDR Discussion List Administrator