[hpsdr] Pandora Enclosure Project Proposal.

Ben Hall kd5byb at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 20 04:35:01 PDT 2007

Hi Henry!

Thanks much for the nice comments and the feedback.

Dimensions are in flux right now - the BK-959 case from Ten-Tec that
seems like it would work is 9" wide, 5.5" tall, and 9" deep.  Or, in SI
units, 228.6 mm wide, 139.7 mm tall, 228.6 mm deep.  Sorry that I forgot
to add the SI equivalents in the posting.  In the future I'll use both.
  (Interestingly, in my heat transfer spreadsheet, I used SI units for
the calculations and then transformed the temps back to deg F!)

Material is also in flux - the BK-959 has aluminum end panels, an
aluminum internal chassis and internal side plates, while the clam-shell
tops and bottoms are steel.

I'm in the process of getting some more information from Buckeye
Shapeform on some cases there that might be more suited to what we're doing.

thanks and 73,
ben

Henry Vredegoor wrote:
> Good posting!!
>
> I like this kind of a more formal form of "specification" of the design
> goals!
> It gives a more clear view of what the project is going to be like, after
> the general discussion is somewhat over.
>
> I would have two minor remarks:
>
> - Could you please specify what the dimensions will be also in the metric
> format?
> - Could you please specify what material(s) will be used for the Pandora
> parts? (I think somewhere steel was mentioned?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> 73's,
>
> Henry.
>

>> Good day all,
>>
>> I am Benjamin Hall, KD5BYB, the project leader for the
>> Pandora enclosure
>> project.
>>
>> WHAT IS PANDORA?

Thanks and 73,