[hpsdr] Pandora Enclosure Project Proposal.

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Tue Mar 20 08:14:37 PDT 2007

Hello Kevin!

> This sounds very interesting! Seems like your User Requirement Spec is
> developing nicely. Are there any further details?

Not at present.  I have no details on knobs, switches, displays or
interfaces. I just know that I seriously dislike operating radios that
lack them, or whose user interface isn't built around them.

Just as I imagine it would be a pain to write software using switches
and knobs to enter the source code and run the compiler, I find it
awkward at best to use a mouse and keyboard to operate an HF
transceiver.  USB knobs and shuttle widgets laying about on my physical
desktop just aren't the same thing :-/

Sort of like trying to get warmed by a hi-resolution, animated image of
a fire on a cold winter's day...

73,

Lyle KK7P