[hpsdr] Pandora Enclosure Project Proposal.

Ben Hall kd5byb at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 20 16:55:09 PDT 2007

Hi Eric!

Absolutely I'd welcome your assistance as an alpha tester.  I know at
some point I'll get so wrapped up in a design that I'll need someone
fresh who isn't so wrapped up to notice what I'll miss.

I absolutely *love* the idea for more than six slots.  There are so many
PC accessories that could be adapted to the extra slots.  The only
problem would be adapting the PC accessories to mount to the End Panel,
as it will probably lack the hole at the bottom where the tab of the PC
accessory goes as well as the angle bracket at the top to accept the
screw that will hold down the PC accessory.

I'm going to peruse the local compu-outlets and see how we can modify
these type things to work without the tab and the angle bracket.  Maybe
we'll have to design a Close Out strip that accepts a PC card-type
accessory with the angle bracket cut off or bent up?

Also, the extra slots could also be the openings needed to get signals
out from an Alex-type board out to another enclosure.  Let's see how
many slots will fit.  Why not?  We can always blank off what we don't use!

thanks and 73,
ben, KD5BYB

--
Thanks and 73,