[hpsdr] synthesizers.

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 19:38:47 PDT 2007

Hi All, Phil,

> Phil N8VB and I have been testing a CORDIC DDS FPGA GPL core
> written by Darrell
> Harmon for a Spectrum Analyzer project he is working on

..................CORDIC DDS FPGA GPL core.............

In "expanded" form this is:

COordinate Rotation DIgital Computer - Direct Digital Synthesis - Field
Programmable Gate Array - GNU Public License - core

;-)

Seriously...

As I didn't know until now what a CORDIC was and searched the Email archives
at hpsdr.com, but didn't find an explanation of it, I searched the internet
and found a nice one at:

http://www.dspguru.com/info/faqs/cordic.htm

Cool!!!

I now at least have some understanding of the hardware advantages of using
this technique.
The Algebra I have to study some more though..... :-/

73's

Henry.