[hpsdr] Customs duty etc.

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Tue May 15 08:16:59 PDT 2007

Hi

I bought a piece of electronic kit from a supplier in Australia a year
or so ago. Potentially there could have been some duty to pay on the
device which cost around GBP250. The supplier asked what I wanted put on
the customs declaration on the packaging but suggested something along
the lines of "electronic component kit for educational purposes". So I
went for the suggested wording and wasn't charged duty or VAT!!

Might work again - worth a try for the UK?

73 de Chris G4NUX