[hpsdr] OZY-JANUS - SDR-1000 - Power Atlas from computer?

Hank Wolfla hwolfla at insightbb.com
Thu May 17 16:29:16 PDT 2007

I have my boards up and running.  Like Rich, I have a memory issue when I
run INITOZY.BAT and have found that I need isolation transformers on the
mike input and the audio input to the Janus board to keep the noise down on
20 meters and above.  After Dayton, I plan on making the audio cables much
shorter, and making sure everything is grounded.

Question – has anyone thought of powering the Atlas board with the power
supply from the computer running the SDR-1000 software?  The total power
draw should not cause a problem, and it would seem that common mode issues
with two power supplies might be reduced.    Any thoughts?

Hope to see many of you in Dayton.

73, - Hank K9LZJ

Hank Wolfla

Lyman H. Wolfla II, Inc.