[hpsdr] Cpu speed on laptop

Roland ETIENNE roland.etienne at free.fr
Sat May 19 08:59:56 PDT 2007

HI all,

A few days ago, I report a PTT problem, and found that it was related to
my cpu, too much load for running correctly Janus-Ozy-PowerSDR at 192
Khz in normal mode, I needed to use real time mode. But it is not the
end of the story...

I use a Medion laptop with an Athlon 64 3000+ and 512 Mb of ram. Last
year, I had a problem with the disk and had to format and re-install XP
and everything.But I don't mind of the processor..And since this
re-installation, my processor was running at the lower speed (800 Mhz!)
despite of the tuning of the power mode. Sometimes, I found that it was
not very reactive...(and not so hot as before..)

Yesterday, I have downloaded a soft (everest) which show me that cpu
speed, and I finally got a soft on Medion site (PowerNow for AMD) which
re-install the possibility to run at 1.8 Ghz. So now everything is fine,
at 192 Khz, in normal mode, with a cpu load of 25%.

So, take care when you re-install OS on a laptop, where cpu speed is
always variable, for power management reasons.

73, Roland f8chk.

,