[hpsdr] Bare Board people

Jason Hitesman jason at hitesman.com
Sat May 26 12:39:05 PDT 2007

My money tree has finally borne fruit enough that I can order the
parts to populate my Janus board.  So I'm once again working on
finishing up my ordering pages and going over the modified BOM Chris
AE6VK had sent me that sourced more parts from Mouser to take
advantage of the lower minimum orders.

I did find one more abnormality in the BOM AE6VK provided me however.

R24 is listed as 100R but a Mouser part number of 660-RK73H2ATTD1200F

That part number is actually a 120R resistor and is the same part
number listed for R38 which IS listed as a 120R.

Looking at the official BOM I see that the 100R and 120R designations
appear to be correct...

But on the schematics I see R24 listed as 120R.  So the official BOM
and official schematics are not in agreement.  (and the Janus
documentation appears to be even more incorrect

                        showing R24 in a totally different part of the
circuit!)

So I'm wondering what the correct value for R24 should be.

A smaller problem I ran into is wiht the 1u caps used for
C44:C46:C48:C62:C63:C65:C69:C74:C77 these were listed as Mouser part#
74-593D25V1A however that part number is now only available in a
minimum quantity of 2,000.  Thankfully the original/official BOM
sourced these from Digikey (495-2268-1-ND) and that part is available
in small quanitites...(though it's cheaper to buy 1 extra than to buy
the correct amount since there's a price break at 10) so I'll be
moving those from my Mouse list over to my Digikey list.

One other minor issue on the BOM from AE6VK is the 10n caps for
C33:C56:C66 which are listed as mouser part# 74-293D476X9016C2TE3  The
confusion is that Chris' BOM lists 6 when only 3 are required.  I'm
not sure why 6 were listed as the parts are available in single
quantities and the price break isn't until 50.  So I changed this back
to 3.

The only other final issue I've found is that the DS2431 eeprom is
back ordered at Digikey until the end of June.  Mouser doesn't carry
the part and while they are available direct from Dallas...they're
only available that way in large quantities with an even longer lead
time.  Does anyone know a supplier who has them in stock?  Or will I
just have to wait another month for Digikey to get more in :(

I'm hoping that with the holiday weekend I'll have time to do final
cleanup on my order pages and have them ready for general use.  Still
have a few issues with automatically ordering from Mouser but I'm
making progress on that.  Hopefully by monday I'll be placing my parts
orders through my page and in a week or two will have my Janus
together...assuming I can find an eeprom!

----
Jason Hitesman
N8INJ