[hpsdr] Hot parts

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 31 07:01:56 PDT 2007

Hi All,
  I was just looking at the A/D pc board layout. At work we usuall put a blob ot thermal epoxy under hot parts to sink heat to a thermal plane on the surface of the pc board. Usually the part is mounted over a small hole so the epoxy can be injected under the part die.
  You guys building your own boards may consider a thermal transfer pad under the part to cool it down a bit.
  The part is rated to work at 70 degree C ambient but hot parts die young.
  I think I will glue a hunk of copper to the top of my part. frank