[hpsdr] Janus & Ozy Manual Error

john_eckert at agilent.com john_eckert at agilent.com
Thu May 31 22:15:29 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I've got my HPSDR/SDR1000 all mounted in a single box and it seems to be
woikin'.  Thanks for everyone's efforts.

On page 9 the first bullet use pin 6 for PTT is incorrect, should be pin 7

Second bullet 'dot' is pin 7 not pin 6 as stated, also Table 4 should show pin 6 as Dash
and pin 7 as Dot.  Long-story-short, swap all occurrences of pins 6 & 7.

On another note, it may help to add a note that PTT/CW must be handled from
Janus/Ozy. Trying to use the SDR1000 ext connection gives erratic results.  I
though I was getting RF into the control boards, speaking into the mic made
the sdr1000 relays chatter.

Another dumb thing I did was to connect my mic preamp to Janus without setting
the jumpers on Janus.  It put phantom DC power into the preamp output and
fried something.

Thanks Phil and Joe for putting the quick start guide together.  I doubt very much
I'd gotten all this to work without it.

Ozy/Janus RF susceptibility seams very good so far (limited testing). I've put
1500W into a 3:1 SWR (160M) with no ill effects.  All covers off, wires all over the
place. :)

Stay Tuned,
John
k2ox