[hpsdr] Educational SDR Advice Sought

Jonathan Wagner jonathan at jonathanwagner.net
Wed May 9 09:00:37 PDT 2007

Thanks, this is the type of input I was looking for. If you don't mind,
I will forward this email along with a few others to the department
head. The non-real-time MATLAB SDR may be an optimal solution for
teaching SDR concepts right away. I have not had an opportunity to speak
with him in length to discover his full intentions or budget. I know
that since hurricanes Katrina and Rita, Louisiana universities have been
in a spending crunch. Since the school already owns licenses to MATLAB,
this may be the cheapest approach. Though, requiring students to buy
something as cheap as the SoftRock40 is not out of the question either.

Also, thanks to others who have responded. The comments have been very
helpful and I appreciate any further input as well.

Thanks again,

Jonathan Wagner, KE5FSG
Office: (337)993-0778
Cell: (337)781-1513