[hpsdr] Boards delivered in Italy

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Tue May 15 07:45:18 PDT 2007

Ahti Aintila wrote:

> Alberto and all in EU,
>
> The European tariff code for parts of radio transmitters/receivers is
> 8529902090 and the customs duty in 0%. The only payment should be the
> Value Added Tax (VAT), if you make the clearance yourself.
>
> 73, Ahti OH2RZ

  Hi Ahti,

    you should say that to the Italian Custom.... the parcel was delivered at my house by a courier that presented me an
invoice with the amount they had paid to the Custom office. Of course they would give me the two packets only after I
had paid them the same amount... I think I have no way to get that money back... in Italy bureaucracy has reached a
state of art in itself. Probably I could have that money back only after a few years of legal actions, and with expenses
on my side that would exceed by far the amount that I would, eventually, receive back...
Thanks Mr. Prodi with all my heart... now, when the next political elections are scheduled for ?

73  Alberto  I2PHD