[hpsdr] Boards delivered in Italy

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Tue May 15 09:52:18 PDT 2007

On 5/15/07, Alberto I2PHD <i2phd at weaksignals.com> wrote:
>     you should say that to the Italian Custom.... the parcel was delivered at my house by a courier that presented me an
> invoice with the amount they had paid to the Custom office. Of course they would give me the two packets only after I
> had paid them the same amount... I think I have no way to get that money back... in Italy bureaucracy has reached a
> state of art in itself. Probably I could have that money back only after a few years of legal actions, and with expenses
> on my side that would exceed by far the amount that I would, eventually, receive back...
> Thanks Mr. Prodi with all my heart... now, when the next political elections are scheduled for ?

Alberto,

May be you should visit India and stay here for sometime and
experience the life. After that perhaps you will love your country
much better and realise how India is a World Leader in Beaurocracy
(like in other fields like Population, IT "workers" etc). :-)

I have payed more money than the parts cost atleast two times, to get
the parts out of customs. That's why I decided to go the hard way of
ordering bare boards (which also came fully opened) and now I need to
go thru the painful path of waiting for someone to hand carry (again
at the risk of letting them caught by the customs) the parts.

--
  Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD