[hpsdr] PowerSDR + Ozy/Janus + Softrock TX/RX

Joe - AB1DO ab1do at optonline.net
Wed May 23 09:00:57 PDT 2007

Hi Don,

On the noise floor, have you calibrated the S-meter in PowerSDR using a
signal source of known strength (e.g. Elekraft XG-1)? The calibration
results are stored in PowerSDR.mdb, the database file you will find in the
same folder as PowerSDR. When you "deinstalled" the original version, you
also deleted that database file. Just a thought...

On the PTT out: as far as the parallel port and the SDR-1000 is concerned,
it depends. If the RFE-board  is not installed, pin 8 goes to ground to
activate PTT. When the RFE-board is installed, it all gets a little more
complex as PowerSDR then multiplexes all the signals over the parallel port.

However, if you select SoftRock, PowerSDR may well not send/receive any data
over the parallel port. Here's another thought, though. Connect the keyer to
the D-sub 9 on Ozy as described in the manual and while activating PTT (key
down) (or alternatively, clicking on MOX in PowerSDR) carefully check what
happens to the other pins. If one of them goes to ground, you should be able
to use it.

Hope it helps,
73 de Joe - AB1DO