[hpsdr] It Works!

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Wed May 30 18:13:47 PDT 2007

Joe,

Well that's odd!  I guess I'd better run that test again and see if the
behavior is reproducible at my end.

I have since replaced the PC Power Supply I was using and have totally
eliminated the intermittent problem I was experiencing so it must have been
the ATX connector at fault.

BTW, I notice significant increase in CPU usage by PowerSDR as I go from 48K
to 96K to 192K samples/sec.

The lowest figure is about 18% at 48K and the highest is about 50% at 192K.

This is with a Intel P4 2.4GHz, 1Gig Ram.  I'm thinking an upgraded PC might
be in order when funds permit.

Just curious if others have seen this.  I think it might be expected and
related to extra processing load due to all that data coming over the USB
connection.  Or maybe it's some inefficiencies in the 1.6.x console vs the
SDR-X I've been using lately.

Pete, N3EVL