[hpsdr] Star-10 Transceiver article in QEX

Giancarlo Moda i7swx at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 15:31:15 PST 2007

Hi Bob,

thank you very much for sharing your comments wit all
of us (me plus the other members...hi).
I have not seen QEX article and I d not know if I will
ever see it (unless I get a copy)so I cannot comments.
I had a few mails/newsgroup (I forgot which one)
exchanges with Dentrea. I did not know about him
before this time, sorry ... I have no Dentron and
about DDS I read a few articles from Ulrich -
N1UL/DJ2LR, Colin - G3SBI .. and got some samples from
AD ... I also visited his web page.

I am a normal ham ... I had no doubt his STAR-10 is a
very professional design but ... how many ham can
reproduce it? How was he able to make measurements?
and others ???
...but I had the impression he is out of time or he
does not see further than his garden ...

It was strange for me to discover he does not know
anything about the G3SBI's H-Mode Mixer ... as Colin
is the person that remved the mixer from the critical
stages in a receiver ... OK if he does not know about
me ... but also h does not know about the high
performance projects like the CDG2000 and Peter,
G3XJP, STAR - Software Transmitter And Receiver ...
and Software Defined Radio, vulgaris SDR...

It is strange ... from what I have been reading in his
web page he seems to be a very intelligent and clever
engineer ... it is pity one may be seen completely
negative because he got "stuck" in the time... I hope
it does not happen to me ....

73

Gian
I7SWX