[hpsdr] Phoenix (was FR$ Moderated message)

Steven Bible srbible at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 1 09:00:48 PDT 2007

>With HPSDR we are making building blocks.  I am disappointed that there
>is no Phoenix yet, or any sort of ISD/ISE receiver + exciter.  Penelope
>is ready for production and Mercury won't be far behind, so we'll have
>direct digital operation at QRPp levels.  We still need a decent 100W rf
>deck + T/R switching system + preamp/attenuator to make it all work as a
>mainstream device.

Since we've been working on Odyssey's Siren, perhaps the QSD/QSE circuit on Siren can be used for Phoenix?  As of last week, there are now six Odyssey Siren prototypes in the hands of developers.  With the DCC over, I will post to the Odyssey Wiki the schematic and PCB layout "as built".  There's still more work to be done, and I am sure we'll learn a lot from it.  From the lessons learn I could create the Phoenix board.

I'll also post more information about Odyssey Siren to the list shortly.

- Steve N7HPR