[hpsdr] Phoenix

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Oct 1 18:35:13 PDT 2007

Hi Lyle,

Graham has the Alpha Tx PCB for Alex now, this provides all the LPF's,
antenna switching, directional coupler etc for either Penny or a future
100w PA.

He has also designed the companion board for receive that has
switchable attenuators, high and low pass filters plus a low noise 6m
preamp. This will be next out of the gates.

Mercury already has a pre-amp so that is ready to go.  This weekend I
married an LT2208 evaluation board to an Ozy board to make a prototype
Mercury board. With this on the Atlas bus together with Penelope and a
second Ozy board we have a complete (QRP) DUC/DDC transceiver.

We are short of a 100w PA that will take 200mW or so and give 100w out
from 160m to 6m - not a difficult project with current power FETs it
would seem.  Alternatively, Dishtronix (http://www.dishtronix.com/) are
going ahead with their 600w PA which Penny will interface directly with.

73's Phil...VK6APH