[hpsdr] OZY - Missing Piece

Richard Faust dick_faust at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:49:39 PDT 2007

Lots of discussion on single board, unit development and software prompted me to finally sign up to the list.

I know this subject has been approached before, but no real answers or links have been forthcoming.

The software for OZY works fine with Windows and PowerSDR, however a Windows WDM driver is not available to permit OZY to work with other software. [Similiar comments have been posted for Linux and MAC]

I do not own a FLEX1000 & do not plan to get one, but I do plan to get some of the other boards as well as building some other additional hardware.

There is an abundance of other excellent DSP software available in multiple environments available but currently rely on WDM style drivers to function - thus incompatible with the OZY - Janus system which is superior to all other sound cards that I have found.

The PowerSDR is built on MS Visual Studio with its embedded inefficiencies like Net Framework, and code bloat.  Wish some one would bring back an older updated Visual Basic version for Softrocks and home brew that could run on older versions of Windows & laptops [lots of available hardware out there that struggle with XP]

For me, software is far more challenging than hardware, so I would more than appreciate help in that area of the HPDSP project - particularly in the drivers for OZY.  If I have missed a link to this software please let me know.

Dick Faust
K9IVB