[hpsdr] ALEX end of month status

Graham Haddock KE9H at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 09:51:20 PDT 2007

ALEX status.

The transmit-low pass filter PCB (Alpha pass) for ALEX was built and
tested for basic
performance, then shipped to Phil VK6APH for further evaluation.
Pictures are on the Wiki.
The PCB was damaged in shipping, and had all 17 toroid cores broken.
Phil has replaced and
rewound all the cores, and is currently testing the board, but the
rework delayed
things a week or two.  The filter switching and the directional couplers
all work fine.
It looks good at 100 watts CW/SSB transmit duty cycle and will be rated
at around 25 to
50 watts continuous carrier.

Enough small things have come up, such that there will be a Beta pass of
the PCB.

The receiver-high pass filter PCB (Alpha pass) has completed layout and
went out
to PCB fabrication yesterday.  First one should be built up in a few weeks.

--- Graham / KE9H

==