[hpsdr] FR$ Moderated message

George Medakovich George at Medakovich.com
Tue Oct 2 14:20:01 PDT 2007

> I think an inexpensive ISD/QSE type SDR could be designed if we went
> away from the Atlas backplane and made a single board solution with
> the FX2 USB microcontroller and ADC/DAC on it.  Since the HPSDR group
> is now based around the Atlas, Janus, Ozy plug in board model, I don't
> know how people would feel about getting away from the plug in board
> model.

I wasn't suggesting that the Atlas-based model was too expensive.
It works for me because the modularity allows me to spread out the
expense - in the end I should have a very nice radio, and a very nice
spectrum analyzer, and a very nice software radio workbench, etc..

George Medakovich, ae5ci