[hpsdr] single board rigs *YES* please...

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:26:12 PDT 2007

On 10/3/07, George Medakovich <George at medakovich.com> wrote:

> Philip Covington wrote:
>

> > I think some will be surprised at the cost of the Mercury board.  The
> > single most expensive component on the Mercury will be the LTC2208 at
> > ~$90.  The Cyclone III FPGA is about $40 and the configuration device
> > for the Cyclone III will be around $15.   Being on the cutting end is
> > not cheap!
> >

> Now that you mention it, about what do you think we are looking at?
> Judging from the numbers above it looks like at least $200.  What would
> be your guess at an upper end cost?
>
> Do you think we will see orders being taken before, say, 1/1/08?
>
> George Medakovich, ae5ci

I would guess it will be at least double that and then some.  There
are other parts in there I did not mention like the 125 MHz ultra low
phase noise oscillator which is about $40.  Then you have the misc
components that add up fast.

As to when it will be available, I would not want to even guess.
Definitely not 1/1/08...

Phil N8VB