[hpsdr] single board rigs *YES* please...

Naylor Jonathan naylorjs at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 22:31:23 PDT 2007

Hi All

I disagree fundamentally with Bill about A/J/O versus a single board. I
see the hardware merely as a means to do interesting things in
software, after all it is *Software* Defined Radio, as long as the
hardware is good enough then it can be left and people can start doing
the truly interesting and revolutionary stuff in the backend. That is
where the differentiation between us and Kenwood/Yaesu/Icom will
happen. PowerSDR as it stands is not the be all and end all of SDR
development.

What's really needed is people with DSP knowledge, or willing to learn.
The number of people working on the DSP portion of these projects is
small, not including people writing yet another SDR GUI. There's a huge
amount of fun to be had on the software side, but relatively few people
are having it. I admit it's not trivial to get into, but it's fun.

So count me in for the minimalist single board solution.

Jonathan   ON/G4KLX