[hpsdr] PowerSDR - Multi Rx

Greg - ZL3IX zl3ix at inet.net.nz
Sat Sep 1 16:11:18 PDT 2007

For the first time I decided to try out the MultiRx function today.
5X1GS was on 18.123 listening up 5 and I thought it would be good to
listen to his Rx and Tx freq in separate ear phones.  When I clicked the
button, things did not seem to work as expected.  The audio just sounded
like a motor boating audio amp, and the pan display changed into a
horizontal line.  Just occasionally there were short bursts of audio
coming through.

I thought that the problem may be CPU load, but I'm not so sure.  With
just the single Rx the load is between 40-60%.  Anyone know how much it
increases with multi Rx?  On my PC the CPU load figure goes up to 70%
when I press the button, but seems to be much more constant than with
just the single Rx.

Using SVN1475.  Presumably I'm not the only one to try this out?

73, Greg, ZL3IX