[hpsdr] HPSDR update and Googlers required

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Sep 2 19:29:13 PDT 2007

A quick update on the status of HPSDR.

1. The Alpha 2 build of Penelope appears to be working OK. We still need the other alpha builders to complete their boards and test them but early indications are we have a good design and  PCB. I've just placed a photo of my Alpha 2 board on the Wiki.

2. Both Greg ZL3IX and I have working prototypes of Mercury running. These are based on an LT2208 evaluation board, rather than a purpose built PCB, interfaced to an Ozy board. Performance is excellent and Mercury is looking like a world class performer. I've recently completed the Mercury  schematic and it's presently with Lyle KK7P for review.

3. Graham KE9H is making good progress with the Alex filter board that will be used with Penelope and Mercury. Graham will shortly be going to Alpha PCB so we can check the design.

4.  Dishtronix have sufficient interest in a 600W amplifier for HPSDR to start design discussions.

5. We need some help Googling for screening cans that we can fit round the front end of Mercury. Exact size is not know until we lay out the PCB but I expect it will be in the order of  2" x 1" x 1/2".  I've put some photos of what we are looking for here

< http://www.hamsdr.com/dnld.aspx?id=650 >
< http://www.hamsdr.com/dnld.aspx?id=652 >
< http://www.hamsdr.com/dnld.aspx?id=653 >
< http://www.hamsdr.com/dnld.aspx?id=654 >

If members could see it they can find a suitable source for such a screen it would be appreciated.

73's Phil...VK6APH