[hpsdr] Pandora Update and Question

Ben Hall kd5byb at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 3 17:29:39 PDT 2007

Hi Jason and gang!

Jason Hitesman wrote:
> Probably not the answer you're looking for.  But I gave up on trying
> to fit it into a computer case.

Actually, any feedback is good feedback.  I began to wonder if I had
assembled something wrong or had done some other completely bonehead
move I'm so famous for.  ;)

Looks like I'm right on track.

> So at that point I decided to just wait and see how Pandora goes.

I've been working on it all day today.  I need to re-update the wiki - I
modified the slot width to account for the envelope of the Ozy and Janus
and it seems to work great - I'm calling that problem solved, for now.
I also have rough designs of the close-out strips, including a blank
strip and strips for Ozy and Janus.  I'm not yet thrilled with these
designs, but they do work for now.

I uploaded a quick sneak peek to:

<http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kd5byb/HPSDR/sneak%20peek.pdf>

Note that some of the close-out strips are on the wrong side, etc...
Was fooling with externally mounted close-out strips at first, but that
wasn't all that great.

That funny thing sticking out of Ozy is a USB type B plug model, as I
wanted to make sure the hole in the close-out strip cleared the plug.

> If anyone has solved the problem of how to get the HPSDR stack to fit
> in a computer case without major modifications to the case I'd love to
> hear it.

Me too...

thanks and 73,
ben, KD5BYB