[hpsdr] Is there a name for the HPSDR boards assembly?

Don Jackson AE5K ae5k at hpsdr.org
Tue Sep 11 09:38:53 PDT 2007

> Jerry Flanders wrote:

>> With all the names assigned to the various component boards, perhaps
>> we also decided on a name for the assembly? I can't find it anywhere.
>> If we need one, I think HPSDR won't do it - there will be different
>> assemblies, some with Mercury/Penelope, others with the combo rx/tx
>> (I forget its name), some with no TX capability, etc. And there might
>> be a second version of it all in a couple years as technology progresses.

Did you ever play with Lego blocks?  (or in my era, Tinker-toys?)  Was
it necessary to name each creation you made?

As the HPSDR project continues, we're going to have a large set of
building blocks -- the very idea and heart of the HPSDR project -- and
soon the number of permutations of assemblies will get so large we'll
need a dictionary just to keep track of all the possible names of
assemblies.

Here's your chance to be creative, devise your own name for your own
assembly -- in future QSOs it will give you something to explain besides
a signal report and weather. ;-)   After all, your own assembly will
most likely be unique.

Consider, if you must come up with a name, something along the line of
how the famous movie "star", R2D2, got its name.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R2-D2

Don AE5K