[hpsdr] Small Loop Antenna

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Sep 19 23:51:36 PDT 2007

Hi Ken,

Congratulations on getting your loop antenna working!  As a matter of
interest how do you get the correct settings into the ROM initially?

Regarding the C&C control data that is send across the Atlas bus.  For
sure in the future we will continue to send frequency data (since this
will be required by Penelope and Mercury) but the rest of the data may
vary. For example I may remove the band data and let it be calculated
in Mercury since this will most likely provide the SPI drive for Alex.

We are also going to need to add more data in this stream, e.g. the
10MHz reference source (Atlas/Gibraltar/Penelope/Mercury) and 125MHz
clock source(Penelope/Mercury). I am sure there will be others in the
future.

What I think we could do is to fix the start of the data sequence as it
is at the moment i.e. <PTT><frequency> and only add or modify the
subsequent data format. So if you can live with just these changes it
should not be necessary to change your < assembler :)> code later on.

I would be interested in a PCB for this project.

73's Phil....VK6APH