[hpsdr] Embedded DSP

richardh at iinet.net.au richardh at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 9 21:19:46 PDT 2008

Dear all
I am interested in developing a small portable HF/SSB rig using up to date
techniques such as DSP for the audio signal processing. HPSDR and PC based systems
are too big. A critical factor would be power consumption.
I am looking for a DSP module to incorporate into such a system - it would have to
perform Hilbert transformation, filtering etc to an audio bandwidth up to say 10
KHz at reasonable rsolution.
The Danville modules look possible but as ever the software cost is significant.
It would not be impossible to incorporate a DSP directly into the board, but I
guess a module would simplify the process given that I am starting from a low base.
Any ideas for this?
I have done a similar rig using analogue circuits in the past

Richard VK6BRO