[hpsdr] Phoenix - footprint for high performance crystals

Grant Hodgson grant at ghengineering.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 06:34:45 PDT 2008

Richard

HC18/U is fine, it is possible to get some very high performance
crystals in this package.  If it's not too late, I would lay out the
board for the 3-lead version of the HC18/U, with the third (centre) lead
connecting to the package itself.  This can then be connected directly
to ground if a 3-lead crystal is used.

Has anybody got any results from testing the first batch of Phoenix boards?

regards

Grant  G8UBN