[hpsdr] [qs1r] SDR-IQ, Perseus, QS1R bench measurements (corr.)

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:44:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Marco IK1ODO -2 <ik1odo at spin-it.com> wrote:

>  I mistyped the address:
>
>  http://www.spin-it.com/download/SDR_RX_measurements.pdf
>
>  73 - Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF
>  __._,_.___

Update:

I found the problem in the dc offset correction that was causing the
spur at zero when a large signal is within the passband.  I also found
the software error that causes the noise floor to jump when dither is
enabled.  Fortunately they were both easily corrected in the DSP chain
in the QS1RServer software.   I will be posting updated files with
these corrections.

In a quick test, enabling dither now only raises the noise floor by
~0.5 dB within the claims for the LTC2208 datasheet.

The Preselector/Amp/Attenuator board will be available in 6-8 weeks.

Phil N8VB